Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Marathon Part Deux

     There's no turning back now. After five months of not running at all, I've officially registered for the 15th Annual Clearwater Running Festival on January 19, 2014. My first time running this race, last year, didn't go so well. After a relatively easy training and after slowly working my way up to a training pace that I was happy with (avg. pace 9:40, over 20 miles), I had an IT band injury on the course, at the halfway point, that sent me hobbling across the finish line, blood, sweat, and tears (mostly tears), more than five hours after the race began. Now it's time take my revenge and to do it not only better on race day but all throughout my training as well. Cortisone shot for old injury: check. Next up: a new pair of kicks. At least my daughters (one was in a stroller, napping) and my "third daughter," my niece, Annie, were all there to greet me last time. Hopefully, on the next race day, I'll be able to outrun them.




1 comment: